4 Tools to Support Your Fertility Journey
When getting pregnant doesn’t come easy, it can be difficult to know where to start and what to do to help your body to become more fertile. Many may already be feeling vulnerable and embarrassed - but, there are many tools available to you that are not costly and can help you on your journey to parenthood. Below we go over four tools that you can utilize to boost your natural fertility and help you feel informed and empowered.
Some studies have found that acupuncture can help to regulate hormones, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve blood flow to the reproductive organs. These effects may help to improve fertility in some women. Acupuncture may also be used in conjunction with other fertility treatments, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), to improve the chances of success. Some studies have found that acupuncture can improve pregnancy rates in women undergoing IVF.
Fertility can be boosted through Traditional Chinese Medicine and the use of herbal remedies. These remedies are address specific imbalances in the body that may be contributing to infertility. For example, herbs such as Dong Quai and Chaste Tree Berry are commonly used to regulate menstrual cycles and balance hormones, while others like Chinese Yam and Goji Berries can help to nourish the body and improve reproductive function.
In addition to herbal medicine and acupuncture, there are several foods that may help to boost fertility in both men and women. These foods are typically nutrient-dense and contain a variety of vitamins and minerals that are important for reproductive health. Here are some foods that may help to boost fertility:
- Leafy greens such as spinach, kale, and collard greens are rich in folate, a B-vitamin that is important for healthy ovulation.
- Fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can improve fertility in both men and women.
- Berries such as blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries are high in antioxidants, which can help to protect eggs and sperm from damage.
- Nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and flaxseeds are rich in essential fatty acids, which can improve fertility.
- Avocado is high in monounsaturated fats, which can improve hormone production and regulate menstrual cycles.
- Whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, and whole wheat bread are rich in fiber, which can help to regulate insulin levels and improve fertility.
- Lean protein sources such as chicken, turkey, and beans are rich in iron and other nutrients that are important for reproductive health.
At Earley Wellness Group, we have worked with many clients going through these difficult times, and over the years we have gathered resources to help with what you’ve been going through. So, we’ve compiled a list of 4 applications to use during your fertility process that can help control your mind during this difficult time. We list these 4 below, you can read more about them HERE.
- Circle + Bloom: This app is specific for fertility. It offers guided meditation programs that help to achieve your desired health goals and influence your specific circumstances. Meditation and visualization—picturing situations—are powerful tools you can engage to de-stress and take control of your life.
Headspace: Headspace is a general meditation app that includes a section for fertility. This app boasts itself over other meditation apps due to the fact that it’s one of the only ones committed to advancing the field of mindfulness meditation through clinically-validated research.
- Mindful IVF: Mindful IVF prepares you for your upcoming IVF cycle. Preparing the mind is as important as preparing the body, and this app uses proven meditation and mindful techniques to train your brain for a healthier, happier, more successful IVF.
- Insight Timer: Insight timer is a general meditation app that also includes sections for fertility. Insight timer claims to have the largest free library of guided meditations on earth. Insight Courses take just ten minutes a day so you can do them while walking to work or on your lunch break. They’ve also been designed with mobility in mind.
Contact Earley Wellness Today
If you are interested in learning more about how fertility acupuncture and Chinese herbs can help your infertility, reach out to Earley Wellness Group. We would love to help you on your fertility journey, you don’t have to go down this road alone.